Thursday, June 23, 2011

What the Canada Post Strike Taught Me

Canada Post went on strike and have been on strike for a few weeks now. It taught me the importance of having an affordable back up method of shipping. I ended up using FedEx and I am really happy that I did. Shipping in and from Canada is very pricey. So I noticed the most cost effective method of shipping internationally is Canada Post small packet...but you don't get a tracking number or anything for it, which would be helpful. But it does come with $100.00 insurance...Prices can start around $7.00 to ...well over $40.00.

With FedEx Ground I've only used it to ship to the US so far. But on average it's $15.00, they go by weight and toppers don't weight too much. There is a tracking number, $100.00 insurance and takes about 6 business days. From now on for the US I will be using them, they are the most reliable and efficient in that manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment