Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Own Wedding

I will be getting married Friday, July 13th, 2012. I have learned so much through this process of planning my own wedding. When I created my business I set out to help brides and to help make sure they had something beautiful and custom made, but to also give them an aspect of their wedding they could have fun with and would find stress free. I had no idea exactly how much stress the bride is under until now. I'm incredibly glad that I tried to make the process of a cake topper as something fun, because I think it is exactly what is needed. My heart goes out to all brides! Try to have fun with the process and add your own sense of humor where ever you can.

Our theme is going to be Rockabilly, in red, white and black, with hearts! Only one month to go! We will be having fun with our decorations and with the day itself. We will have a fun backdrop that will be a big surprise to everyone, and a unique way of doing a guest book that has to do with the back drop. We will also have games that guests can participate in if they like. We are having Schryer's Smoked BBQ Shack cater the wedding, so we will be having pulled pork, beef brisket, smoked chicken and vegetarian. It's very much going to be a relaxed wedding, BBQ, sit around the fire pit and have a good time. It's going to be help at the Forestry Farm, and if things get out of hand the animal cages aren't that far away!

Just about everything is DIY, the flowers, decorations, center pieces, lanterns, etc. We are also trying to be eco-friendly with many of our decorations and center pieces being recycled materials. I am also going to create my own jewelry, do my own hair and makeup! Hopefully it all turn out ok! lol

I promise to post photos after the wedding. You can see my own cake topper and all the DIY touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment