Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My wedding the ups and the funny downs

My wedding has come and gone and I've caught up on my orders. My wedding was really good, overall there were no major problems, some minor bumps, but every wedding has them. The biggest one was I forgot my bouquet lol. I was standing up there and couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing with my hands when I suddenly realized I didn't have my bouquet! And our main cake which was cheesecake turned a little wobbly because someone forgot to put it in the fridge after it was picked up. It wasn't able to support our cake topper, but that was ok, it still look good on the table. We got married on Friday the 13th, and nothing went horribly wrong :)

We did a few nontraditional things. Instead of a long isle we came in through an arch in front of everyone. We incorporated a cocktail ceremony, mixing mint and chocolate liquors. A gift to my husband was the Taiko band I hired for after the ceremony. He has a love of all things Japanese and this had a dramatic effect. I found that nontraditional entertainment is very affordable.





For our ceremony it was a rockabilly theme, so I had a dress change into a red pinup dress. The atmosphere was really relaxed and everything was outdoors. We had BBQ for supper which had options of pulled pork, brisket, and chicken. And for dessert there was 2 types of cheesecake and tuxedo mousse cake. There was no dance but there was was music and later in the evening we had Poi dancers with LED lights. We had a really good time, but it all went by way too fast!



And some of our professional photos :)






No comments:

Post a Comment